[A5] Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace – what would you do?
For as much as we create the conditions to tackle bullying and harassment, there often isn’t a clear‐cut answer to dealing with these issues when they arise ‐ organisational circumstances and external pressures often require HR professionals to apply different approaches, their ethical and critical judgement.
This interactive debate session will present you with a real‐life scenario to develop your ethical muscle. Vote on different approaches and explore the ethical and business implication of each, followed by an open discussion with the experts. The session will consider:
- the pros and cons of zero‐tolerance versus more lenient approaches
- the balance between protecting business operations, reputation and people
- the issues of acting fast versus acting fairly and accurately
Format: Ethical Debate
Stream: Strategic HR and Ethical Decision Making
- Julie Dennis, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, ACAS
- Kate Griffiths Lambeth, Group Director of Human Resources, Charles Stanley
- Inji Duducu, People Director – Reward and Employee Services, Morrisons