People professionals face tricky ethical dilemmas every day – they often just...
People professionals face tricky ethical dilemmas every day – they often just don't have the chance to see them through a philosophical lens. This engaging opening keynote you will:
- Explore what ethics means at work, why the topic is so important and how it plays out in organisational practice
- Define the purpose of HR and whose 'side' it is on when solving unethical scenarios at work
- How HR can straddle the difficult line between ensuring operational effectiveness and that the workplace is just and fair for everyone.
Gain insight into what the key considerations and steps are needed to...
- Gain insight into what the key considerations and steps are needed to develop a code of ethics.
- The importance of understanding what the accepted organisational norms are within the workforce.
- Integrating leadership, management and HR practices to help shape the ethical climate.
Techniques for actively supporting the code within your workforce and how this...
- Techniques for actively supporting the code within your workforce and how this can be practically done.
- Aligning your code of ethics with fairness, integrity and sensitivity.
- Being clear around the active implementation of the code and what the consequences of not upholding the code are.
Within your own organisation, you may be struggling with your own ethical...
Within your own organisation, you may be struggling with your own ethical dilemmas. Perhaps you’re being faced with the challenge of how to appropriately manage ‘difficult banter’ in the workplace or facing complexities with policies and procedures that are inconsistent. This session is your opportunity to address the biggest ethical challenges on your mind with a group of experts.
- Anonymously pre-submit your workplace ethical challenges via a google form prior to the event. During the session, a panel of experts will discuss your challenge to find a solution.
- Opportunity to address a wide range of challenging topics with a group of experts.
A code of ethics should not be something that sits in your...
A code of ethics should not be something that sits in your drawer but instead should be actively enforced to promote ethical behaviour. This hackathon session will focus on how you can consistently tackle unethical behaviour across the organisation regardless of the status of the individual.
Delegates will be given ethical scenarios to solve in small groups using their code of conduct. Each time you solve a scenario, you will be given a new one to face until you manage to complete the series and escape to the networking lunch.
- Hints to be provided by the experts to keep you on track throughout the session and at the end solutions for each scenario will be given.
- Gain key tools and experiences to help you manage unethical behaviours within your workforce.
In this session we’ll be holding a mock tribunal to explore a...
In this session we’ll be holding a mock tribunal to explore a case of a dismissal.
As the audience, you will be given the chance to experience what happens at a conduct hearing, explore deeper aspects of the case, ask questions of the parties involved and then be asked to form your own verdict.
Exploring how we can work alongside AI to make decisions from data...
- Exploring how we can work alongside AI to make decisions from data security to ethical and legal considerations.
- How can you embed your ethical codes into the AI that you use?
- How can organisations govern the use of AI to ensure it’s fair and unbiased?